So we sit 50 days from this years Extra Life. We are in the middle of an effort to double the amount of registered gamers and we are trying to beat previous years in funds raised. I tweeted some today about the final push for some big recruitment before end of day Friday. From these tweets, some people had some questions. Becasue of these question, I decided to bullet point some things that you need to know about registering for Extra Life.
- It is free to sign up and participate.
- You do not have to go anywhere, you play from the comfort of your own home or your gaming location of choice.
- When you register you can only choose one hospital to support. That choice is yours and if you choose to change the hospital, you just need to email support from your donation page.
- We recommend that you get friends, family, co-workers, etc to sponsor you $1 an hour, bringing the total donated to the $24 to the event. Although, any amount is appreciated.
- People who donate are donating a lump sum. It is expected that you will complete the 24 hours, in one sitting or over time in October.
- You are not restricted to video games. Sports, poker, board games, tag, etc are all acceptable forms of participation.
- You do not need to complete the time in one sitting, although it is recommended.
- You can join a team, this is does not affect your donation or hospital. This is designed to be a support group, benchmark, or just to symbolize friendship.
- The main participation date is October 16th, with a make up date on the following Saturday. It is encouraged to participate on this day. Not only because it is the scheduled date so you will have brothers in arms as you work through the 24 hours, but your tweets, facebook comments, blogs, social network, etc. will help create awareness and perhaps raise more money that will help more kids.
- Raising money for sick kids is cool and an easy way to get chics (or the sex of your choice)
- Raising $192 earns you a free t-shirt provided by Extra Life sponsors SplitReason.
- Lastly, and this is important, 100% of the money raised goes to the Children’s Miracle Network hospital you choose. There is zero overhead by the organizers in this event, it is all driven by volunteers.
There is more official information here: http://extralife.sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2010/03/extra-life-faq.html
The registration page is located here: https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/
Information on the Children’s Mircale Network is here: http://extralife.sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2010/05/extra-life-benefits-childrens-miracle-network-hospitals.html
You can register for the SarcasticGamer community here: http://forums.sarcasticgamer.com/register.php – This is were you will find some new friends, perhaps some enemies, but this is the life-blood of Extra Life. There is also a support community where you may find out about events going on in your area.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me and I will answer them, if I cannot, I will direct you to those that
brad at twoidiotgamers dot com
So register, spread the word, or just support a gamer you know participating.